CAAP Objectives and Principles
To facilitate the agriculture, agri-food, and agri-based products sector's ability to seize opportunities, to respond to new and emerging issues, and to path find and pilot solutions to new and ongoing issues in order to help it adapt and remain competitive.
Funding is conditional on projects meeting the Program's objective and the following program principles. Projects must:
- Be consistent with Government of Canada policy directions, including innovation, competitiveness, accountability and sustainable development.
- Fit within the mandate of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, as defined under the Department of Agriculture and Agri-Food Act.
- Demonstrate clearly the benefits to Canada's agriculture, agri-food and agri-based products sector and to Canadians.
- Be consistent with Canada's international trade commitments and minimize the exposure to countervail.
- Respect the need for equity among regions and stakeholders.
- Exclude those areas that are solely within provincial and territorial jurisdictions.
- Not replace funding from other federal, provincial, or territorial programs or other sources.
- Maximize an appropriate cash contribution from industry