CAAP Program Criteria
CAAP will fund:
- Projects that have projected benefits that exceed costs.
- Applied and adaptive (not basic) research.
- Projects that analyze or test solutions and strategies to address issues and opportunities.
- Projects that test or analyze innovative products, processes or technologies.
- Regional and multi-regional projects.
CAAP will not fund:
- Advertisement, promotion or awareness activities that brand one region, commodity and/or product over another.
- Information sharing and/or general awareness activities (symposia, AGMs, tradeshows, conferences, or speakers at general meetings) unless they are components of a broader project and are meant to disseminate project’s results.
- Ongoing activities, normal commercial expansion or normal operations.
- International marketing and promotion.
- Human clinical trials.
Exact criteria listed on the Objective, Principles and Criteria page of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada.